Why is Raigad the best place to invest in?
Raigad lies on the outskirts of Mumbai and is an excellent place for travellers to spend their time, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Raigad is fast becoming the hub of tourists for its scenic beauty and cultural heritage. The famous places to visit in Raigad include hill stations, forts, beaches, temples, waterfalls, natural forests, sanctuaries & even historic caves.
With the growth and development of Raigad, there have been several technical & educational institutes established here to offer courses to students in a variety of vocations.
With the gradual influx of population in the Raigad district, healthcare facilities have also expanded in this region, providing top of the line healthcare facilities to local residents.
As an upcoming location, the government bodies are promoting the development of inftrastructure by providing better accessibility and connectivity to Raigad.
As Raigad continues to grow, attracting people from all parts of India, the district is being seriously developed to provide metro railway services, on-road transportation services like buses and there is even an upcoming airport that is being planned in the Raigad District.
Navi Mumbai Airport Influence Notified Area (NAINA) is a proposed 500 square kilometer, city in Raigad district. City and Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra Limited has been appointed planning authority for the same. The city will consist of small cities that will be hubs for agro-farming, education, trade, information technology, services, medical treatment, etc.
Jawaharlal Nehru Port, also known as Nhava Sheva, is the largest container port in India handling around 56% of all containers in India. This is also very accessible from the Raigad District.
The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project is a planned State-Sponsored Industrial Development Project of the Government of India. It is one of the world's biggest infrastructure projects with an estimated investment of US$90 billion and is planned as a hi-tech industrial zone spread across seven states along the 1,500 km long Western Dedicated Freight Corridor which serves as its backbone. Businesses established in Raigad can take advantage of this trade opportunity in the near future.
Upcoming development in and around Raigad.
1. The Navi Mumbai Special Economic Zone (NMSEZ) is a special-duty free enclave [spread over an area of 2,140 Ha, across 3 nodes of Navi Mumbai i.e. Dronagiri (1,390 Ha).
2. Science City - Spread over an area of 18.55 hectares within walking distance from Kharghar Railway Station.
3. Urban Haat - It is an ever-permanent fair for Crafts, Food and Cultural Activities proposed in CBD- Belapur.
4. Coastal Road - A coastal road of 8.30 km long has been planned from NH-4B to Sector-63 of Dronagiri Node.
5. The Mumbai Trans Harbour Link will connect Sewri (Mumbai end) to Nhava Sheva (Navi Mumbai end). It is proposed to be developed as an Expressway link with a six-lane dual carriageway road bridge and rail bridge
6. Development of Khopta town with many new villages have been proposed.
7. Proposed new railway line from Seawoods to Uran.
8. Panvel to become a major railway junction like Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
For more details on projects please go on to http://www.cidco.maharashtra.gov.in/Home_Marathi1.aspx